* 17 September 2022 - Electric Bus Demo - Melksham
* September 2022 is "Catch the Bus" month.
Recording the passing of Peter Blackburn, our Chair, in July 2022
Peter has been a rock for decades and is enormously missed. Read More
* 4 April 2022 - BSIP - no award to Wiltshire
* 24 Feb 2022 - draft Wiltshire Enhanced Partnership and comment
* Jan 2022 - short term timetable changes
* 15 Dec 2021 - Slides for Cross-border meeting
* 29 Oct 2021 - 'Final' Bus Service Improvement Plan
* 11 Oct 2021 - BSIP as submitted and supporting documents
* 7 Sep 2021 - Draft BSIP, current year, Option 24/7 master organisation
* See http://old.option247.uk for the old (2016) campaign site
Public Transport the way forward • (link - 2021 front page)
What are we facing?
• Almost ALL Wiltshire evening, Sunday, Bank Holiday services to disappear.
• Withdrawal of many rural bus services.
• Interurban and town bus services to be drastically reduced.
• Not enough capacity for community transport to plug gaps.
• "Nuclear" Option 6 could leave vast swathes of the county without ANY buses.
• Council plans could bring local bus operators to the brink of collapse.
Wiltshire Council has launched a consultation on the future of the bus services that they currently support. Set against a backdrop of a big reduction in overall funding for council services, they have put forward a number of options aimed at saving money from the supported buses budget, and are asking for your view on these.
There IS an alternative - option 24/7
• A bus network that involves YOU and your community, working to serve your interests.
• A bus network shaped by your travel needs.
• A bus network that opens the way for simple affordable bus fares.
• A bus network better thought through - less duplication, more journey opportunities.
• A bus network that is more easily linked with other modes such as rail.
• Timetabled Connections making your onward journeys easier.
• A bus network with reinvigorated operators making a fair, secure income.
• Council, Community & operators working together & provide a better overall service.
• An innovative network that is fit for purpose, for future challenges and expansion.
• A bus network that is solid, robust, efficient, and able to deliver the savings that Wiltshire Council require WITHOUT massive service cuts, giving you the security of knowing that your bus service is safe, and available when you need it.
Senior figures at Wiltshire Council have informed us that Option 24/7 can be included in the devolution proposals, but only if we can demonstrate strong public support for the idea. Therefore, we need your help as follows when you answer the questionnaire: